Monday, June 20, 2005

my part time workplace




here is what my part-time workplace looks like. the place where i work at. the towel counter. the photos are courtesy of one of the members who kindly took the photos on his O2 camera phone and sent it to me via infra-red. thankfully this pictures did not get deleted as i first feared yesterday. after some digging i managed to find them.

for my NTU mates, if you think you have seen something wrong, no you have not. that is indeed the one and only alvin ho. if i do not blow up, u guys will see how much i have shrunked. hee hee.

what my part-time job requires to do is plainly customer service. when members arrive, i have to verify their identification before i issue them the towels and locker keys. after their visit to the gym and having showered, they would then return the keys and used towels to me. i have to fold the used towels in bundles of 10 and then place them in the laundry bag in preparation for the daily laundry collection. when the clean laundry arrives each day, i would have a mountain of towels, as shown in my earlier post towels galore, to fold. my other duties would include charging members for the guest surcharge and also to do a bit of PR for the club.

so as can be seen, my job is really a very slacking one. i get paid $6 an hour and meals are provided for too. the only reason why i might be leaving the club in the near future would be because i find the upper mamgement very meddlesome and also because i am a bit tired. if it ain't for the need of money for my teeth and to save up for my graduation trip, i would have resigned long ago. also, the members of the club are very nice people. they aren't the snobbish people you will find like some club in the Bukit Timah area, although there are a few like those. well, the world ain't perfect.

i went with my cousin to JB today and we did some exploring. saved ourselves a bundle by deciding to try out the local bus system. only RM2.20 per person to travel from City Square to Carrefour/Giant. and to think i've been paying an exhorbitant RM15/20 for each one way trip. i'm taking the bus next time. it might be slower but the money saved is so much more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home