Monday, June 13, 2005

OWWIII!

arggg, as i type this, my left butt cheek is in pain. i had retuned home during lunch from my attachment to pick up my swimming trunks and my laptop for this evening's lifeguard course - bronze medallion test. i had passed mine last week, yes me is lifeguard, and was getting some things to bring to pass time with while the rest are having their test.

having picked up my stuff, i left home and started to cycle back to work. 20 mins ride, no sweet. i had exited the carpark and crossed the road proceeding on to queensway. a whole bunch of vehicles were waiting for the light to turn green before proceeding on. i noticed this and kept to the extreme left alongside a lorry. then......SCREEEECH! BOOM! AHHH! OW!!!!!!

i had barely cleared the lorry when i saw a van turning from the opposite road on my right, into the side road on my left. both of us applied our brakes, and with my front brakes being more effective than my rear, i became superman again. i saw the windscreen becoming bigger, i quickly put up my hands to protect myself. the right side of my body made impact onto the van leaving a couple of dents, while i flew in a different direction after impact. i landed on my bum and and back and hit my head against the road, thank goodness for my helmet and my laptop bag on my back. (see malcolm, helmet saves life, GET ONE!)

i was slightly dazed and layed on the road for a while before getting up to the side of the road. the driver and his wife quickly came down and checked on me. i assured them i was alright. pain as i was, i had no apparent head injuries and broken bones. just a couple of scratches and a very painful left butt. i sat at the side of the road, while the driver helped me bring my bike on to the pavement. surprisingly, my bike survived again with no damages. this is a damn hardy bike. i rested for about 5 minutes and then proceeded on my way back to work. when i stood up, my left leg was shaking and my butt was still in pain.

pedal, OW! pedal, OW! pedal, OW!

my lunch break was supposed to end at 12.45pm but by the time i returned it was 1.40pm. a great bunch of lady colleagues i have. it pays to be nice to people. when the engineer in charge of me heard what happened, she offered to bring me to NUH but i told her i am alright. she then helped me look around for medicated oil for my bruising. another colleague of mine, whom i cooked the longevity noodles for for her birthday, then helped her to look for the oil and passed it to me. with colleagues like this, who cares if i ain't on good terms with the other attachment students. even the operator gal and some of her other fellow operators showed concern.

now, i'm sitting with only half my butt on the chair, cushioned as it is. pain. pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home