Saturday, June 11, 2005

dry, wet and burnt: the life of an RSAF t-shirt

it was a cool and dry morning when my owner put me on for his cycling ride to work. with his laptop bag upon me, we were off on our ride to fort canning. the sky was blue with no hint of rain. ah, such a nice weather. pity he has to work. he can't help it, he needs the money to repair his teeth.

ever had the irritating feeling when you pass through one area, it is all clear, then rain, then all clear again? well, i suffered that this morning. as we were passing in front of SGH, slight drizzle first greeted us. since it was not threatening, my owner ploughed on. then as we passed in front of the new bridge road interchange, it suddenly became a heavy downpour. argggg. i'm getting wet! he quickly diverted to the bus stop and seeked shelter. if it ain't for his laptop, he would have continued and i would have became a soggy piece of rag. re-adjusting the zips on his bag and keeping his MP3 player, the rain looked like it was subsiding. he got on the bike and continued on, he had to as he as running late. barely had we reached pearl center, BAM! heavy downpour again. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! ignoring the rain, he moved on. when we reached chinatown point, huh? not a single drop of rain. the road was dry. hrumph! cranky weatherman.

i was basically a piece of wet rag by the time he reached work. haiz. after getting his keys, we went up to his work counter. he locked his things then went to take a shower. i was dripping wet and hedious, no way he could wear me to greet the members this way! also i ain't no polo tee, i was just your run of the mill RSAF t-shirt. after he changed into his working attire and rinsed me. realising that there is no way i would be dry if left hung at the counter he left me in the sauna room. afterall the morning crowd don't use the sauna. hee hee. 10 mins later i slipped off the hanger and fell on to the sauna stove. help master! help! my fibres, they are heating up! ahhhh!!! oh no! they are turning brown! pain! pain! master! help! oh my god i'm going black and about to combust! owwwwwww! 5 mins after i have fallen, my master came running in. he had smelt a burning smell and came rushing in. dry i was, undamaged i was not. it was pure luck that i did not catch fire. he quickly yanked me off the sauna stove and left the sauna room door open to let the smoke out of the place.

i am now but a piece of burnt rag. tonight i shall be having my final journey with him. it has been a great 3 years with you master. when you were your large self, i was there. when you became the smaller self you are now, i was there. when you were plunged into despair, i was there. when you had your accident, i was there. i still have the stains of your blood upon me. thank you master. thank you for all the moments.

master: my dear t-shirt, you have served me well, soon it will be time for you to rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home