Friday, April 04, 2008

Scent In Memory

During the week, I smelt a couple of scents which brought back fond memories for me

1) The smell of Long John's Silver
I have not been at LJS or eaten LJS for about 2 years now. Back in November 2006, prior to visit a beloved friend overseas, she had made a request for some food from LJS for she had been away from Singapore, on an exchange program in Shanghai for almost 5 months then, and missed the taste of LJS. That smell of LJS brought back memories of my trip to Shanghai to spend time with that beloved friend. Alas, nothing came out of that attempt.

2) A particular fragrance from The Body Shop
I do not know the name of this fragrance but it was the exact air fragrance a former colleague of mine used to place at her desk at work. Smelling that fragrance would instantly bring her to my mind. She has a natural scent of her own but this particular scent gives her a calmer outlook. Not that I do not think about her often, after all we were pretty close but she has chosen not to include me in her life anymore. However, she has been fleeting in and out of my mind of recent. Ah well. While on my way home from work on board the MRT this week, I suddenly smelt that familiar fragrance again and instantly it registered in my mind as her. I looked around the train carriage but could not find anyone looking like her. Hmmmm......

3) The fragrance of Rose Syrup
Well......this particular fragrance has something to do with a current colleague of mine. She has this mini pillow on her desk which I had always assumed that it was something she used to rest her wrist upon while using the mouse. However, while working overtime last night, I erm......picked it up and played with it and realised then it was a "Crabtree & Evelyn" product. My impression of their products are of mostly the scented kind. I took a sniff of it and I was hit with a fragrance that was supposed to be Rose but smelt more like Rose Syrup to me. Bad thing about it is that I am kind of hooked on sniffing her mini pillow when no one is watching because it give me a calming sensation. Oops. Heez.


It is believed that humans are attracted to each other by the scent or pheromones that is given off by the other party. Interestingly, I had the opportunity to smell the above scents of ladies. Ladies who are fond memories of my past as I had fancied them one time or another, except for the last one of which I do not want to make any attempts for I know that it is doomed to fail. It just seems that with these scents, they mark the memories of these special ladies in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home