Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Pillowman (枕頭先生)

WOW! I was totally blown away last evening by the performance of The Pillowman. The script was fantastic and the actors were at their very best. The twist and turns in the play, the dark humour and the wonderful acting really made it an enjoyable evening! If I have any company, I would surely go again but I guess the best seats in the house are all gone by now.

The cast was wonderful and kudos to Michael Corbidge for winning the Best Supporting Actor at this year ST Life's Theatre Awards. Michael was my lecturer during my undergraduate days while I was attending his voice studies module.

Although I attended the show alone, I was still totally enthralled by the performance and the lacking of a partner did not bother me at all.

For those who think that theatre plays are only for the snooty kind, think again. Fork out some money and attend The Pillowman. You will then realise what you have been missing for so long and end up feeling that you have underpaid for such wonderful performance. Trust me on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home