Sunday, March 16, 2008

Open Book Reading

Was having a meal with a confidant from days long gone recently. It has been sometime since we caught up and we updated each other about our ongoings. Life is treating her well, married with a loving husband and a successful career. Hey, what more can you ask for? Kids maybe? Hahaha.

While we were chatting, she mentioned that my recent moods couldn't have been due to work. Having known each other for all our lives, I can't really fault her on her observations. When you know each other so well, you can practically read each other like an open book. Sigh.

In her words, "The Alvin I know can never be bogged down by work or any other issues. You are too good at handling work stress. YOU don't even feel it! In fact, nothing ever gets you down. Except. The female of the species......Just when I thought you are able to take care of you life, you go bang you head on the wall with another one again!"

Haha. She got it so right! Thing is....... there ain't anyone at the moment! Hahaha. Ah well.

I still don't have the reason
And you don't have the time
And it really makes me wonder
If I ever gave a f*** about you and I
And so this is goodbye

Give me something to believe in
Cause I don't believe in you,
Anymore
I wonder if it even makes a difference,
It even makes a difference to try
And you told me how you're feeling
But I don't believe it's true
Anymore
I wonder if it even makes a difference to cry
So this is goodbye

Excerpt from Maroon 5's "Makes Me Wonder"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home