Wednesday, July 13, 2005

missed lunch and fyp beginnings

missed a chance to have lunch with her today. arggg. she looked nice in her dress today. come to think of it, i have not really seen her in a one piece dress before. always has been 2 pieces, jeans & t-shirt or blouse & skirt. if i remember correctly, her concert dress was a 2 piece. haiz. this woman, in the words of Emil Chou, 让我欢喜让我忧.

went to school after work on my bicycle to meet the PhD student to discuss my FYP today. got some background from him about the stuff i'll be working on. Man, it looks electronics heavy. arggg. i'm specializing in Innovative Design in my final year but my FYP is based upon nanotechnology but branched towards microelectromechanical systems or in crude speak, mechatronics. got some books to read to pick up upon my work. it looks scary but it intrigues me. i hope i do a good job and get a good grade. with 50% of my degree banging on my final year results, my FYP, especially, together with the rest of my yr4 modules will make or break my chances of graduating with a 3rd class honors. according to one of the professors, for poly grads like me in NTU, FYP & IA alone stands for about 10-15% of our degree. welll, one down, one more to go. my friends, that were together with me from the Class of 96 at SJI, have all just graduated with honors. hwah, stress man! 2 of them are going to start their PhD course soon, one at NTU, one at Bochum, Germany. Super Stress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home