Sunday, October 25, 2009

River & Bird

Was at The Esplanade today. Felt really bored and went out cycling. As I passed through Shenton Way, it was like a ghost town. Besides buses and the crowd at the Telok Ayer market, there was practically no one around. I could have weaved through all 5 lanes and still not get knocked down but I was not feeling suicidal.

When I reached The Esplanade, I headed over to the outdoor theatre arena and just sat by the banks of the Singapore River. There were plenty of people around. Families, couples, babies, tourists. To me, I felt a sense of tranquility as I sat at the second last step before falling into the river itself. Seeing the sun set behind the Furuma hotel. The gentle breeze. I looked up and there was a bird soaring. I am guessing it is either an eagle of a gull of some sort, my knowledge of birds was never great. Ocassionaly it dived to the surface of the water to pick something and then continued to glide around the Marina Bay area. It all just seems slightly calming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home