Sunday, July 19, 2009

Where To?

Met a former student just the other day on the bus while I was heading out for an interview. She had taken ill and had left school early. She asked why I did not return to school when term reopened. I was surprised that she did not know. I explained to her my situation and she asked me to return as the students missed me. Her grouse was that all the supposedly good teachers have left leaving behind only the "not so good" teachers. I laughed and explained to her that the teachers that are there are equally good if not better. Only that maybe they are stricter and fiercer but that does not mean they care any less for the students. We soon bade farewell when she reached her bus stop while I continued on my journey. Shortly after I alighted at my destination, while walking to the company, 2 questions suddenly came to mind, "Mr Ho, what the hell are you doing? How can you leave them?"

For a moment there I was stunned and I really did not know how to answer to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home