Saturday, October 07, 2006

SJI Class of 96 Reunion

Just came home from my class reunion. It has been 10 years since I left SJI and it was great catching up with a few friends. Caught up with Jeferry and found out that he is currently a CADET PILOT! Damn! I am so envious of him. Alas, them local companies in Singapore wants to harp on the fact that I did not pass 5 'O' Level subjects in one sitting, even though I am already a graduate from a local university no less! Nicholas is too working in SIA. Looks like plenty of us wants to work at the same place. Haha! Almost everyone has changed since back then. Seeing the principal of old, Brother Paul Rogers (current principal of CJC), brings back the memories.

Back then, he just had to stand on the pedestal and glare at us, within moments, we would all settle down. He just has the aura about him. Haha. I wonder if it is as simple now for him over at CJC. Karen missed having him as her principal by a year. Wasted! Hahaha! Another person I have to thank would be my former form tutor, Mr. Clement Fernandez. While the few of us were talking about our SJI days, we all agreed that without him, we would not have become what we are today. He was the man instrumental in getting all of us straightened out, the delinquents that we were. Being the form tutor of the last class was no easy feat. He had to motivate the students and at the same time discipline them. I respect him alot. For me, he was a great influence in me. He encouraged me to work towards Polytechnic and from there, today I stand as a NTU graduate. Thank you Sir.

Day 106

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home