Thursday, September 22, 2005

somebody from my polytechnic past

when i went to help my mum carry stuff back from bukit merah central today, i saw a very familiar figure. as i was pushing the trolley back to the NTUC trolley bay, i passed this gal strolling along and i was thinking, cute. then eh? familiar leh. when i went to the taxi stand later, i saw the same gal at the taxi stand. from behind, i was thinking, oooh babe! in case u are wondering, she is thin, petite but with nice flowing curled long hair. i like. hahaha. then on closer look, OH MY GOD. it is Ziwei, my poly classmate!

ok, i admit it, i was intrested in her very much back when we were in Singapore Polytechnic and we were very close too but her boyfriend and now husband is my good friend from poly too. back then, alphanumeric pagers were the in thing. i sent her many messages, encouragements and congratulatory messages, without saying who i was and even offered to help her find out who the mysterious "IP", that's what we called the "mysterious" (me lah) guy, is. alas, i was too chicken to even tell her i liked her, even though i was the first to befriend her in my class. in the end, i wished her well and told her that she could always come to me if she needed help.

ever since she got married out of poly, no it was not shotgun, she has been pretty distant. when once we could chat non-stop, there is now a barrier. i last saw her last year together with her husband at bukit batok driving center. even then, i did not even get a word out of her and spoke only to her husband. today, when i realised who it was, i kept looking at her, hoping she could recognise me. everytime i see her, she justs gets prettier and prettier. i think she might have recognised me or think that who is this weirdo staring at her for after a while, she whipped out her mobile phone and called somebody and started chatting, not looking in my direction. when i finally boarded the taxi, i looked back and saw her looking in my direction. i wonder if she really did recognise me and if she did, why is she looking away?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home