Friday, June 10, 2005

dead man walking

i woke up feeling like a bloody zombie. my mind was up but my body wasn't. i need rest! my body screamed. i would have happily stayed in bed for more sleep and rest if not for the necessity to go to work. after today it is another 5 more working days and my Industrial Attachment in over. then for some quality rest.

cycling to work was a chore as i was still feeling pretty drained from last night's exertion. when i reached work, i just plonked on to my seat. i was so tempted to just rest my head on the table and sleep. at work, someone made contact with me over MSN. on one hand i was happy but on the other hand, well let's just keep it between me and the person. at the end of the day, i felt slightly more recovered from my marathon yesterday and began my trip home. along Queensway, i was on the right lane as i had just turned in from commonwealth avenue west and was preparing to filter back to the right lane. i looked over my shoulders and there were plenty of cars and decided to stay on lane 1 for a while more. when i checked again, there was only a police patrol car behind me and i was waiting for it to pass me so that i could get to the left lane. i do not know if the policeman driving the vehicle noticed my checking, he horned me, came up next to me and indicated for me to return to the left lane. DUH! i would if you are not blocking my way! i just nodded and slowed down so that he can get the idea that i was going to filter on to the left lane. grumble grumble mutter mutter.

upon reaching home, i took a rest and washed up. after taking my vitamin supplements and my "dinner", Ensure (what else? my teeth still can't bite), i went out again and wanted to go on my usual cycling route for some exercise.

starting from bukit merah i would head to queensway, swing left to commonwealth avenue west, another left along north bouna vista road and onwards towards the 13 bends of south bouna vista road. then it was along pasir panjang road towards telok blangah hill, up and down telok blangah hill then head towards mt faber, then up and down mt faber, on to telok blangah road heading to shenton way and then clifford pier. turned right towards suntec city, make a round around the fountain of wealth, pass the esplanade, head towards high street and onwards to chinatown. from chinatown it was straight on along jalan bukit merah until i reached home again. usually i take about 2 hours to go through this route.

today however, i started to feel the effects of yesterday's exertion again while cycling along north bouna vista road. by the time i hit telok blangah hill, the overcast skies and my screaming body made the decision for me. i took a breather at the top and then proceeded home. i need rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home