Wednesday, June 08, 2005

weird things and misses

as i was cycling home from NTU, somewhere near Clementi central, i noticed something peculiar. there was this motorbike following behind after the bendy bus of TIBS service 106. it always stayed behind and always at a distance of 10-15 meters back. i'm wondering why the hell it was tailing the bus. hmmm....

anyway, i had another accident again. unlike the last time, when i suffered the brunt of the damage, this time round, my bike suffered. i had just passed the Police Special Ops Command camp and was braking to a halt at the traffic light. i was about to come to a complete stop at the junction of Queensway and Commonwealth Drive, when my bike got caught by the outstretched branch of the plant at the side of the road. i fell and managed to keep my injuries to minor bruising but my bike ain't so lucky. the suspension fork was bent and my front brakes were damaged. the plant is a damn bloody hardy plant. cars have passed it and got their paintwork scratched but the branch never broke off, never! i quickly hauled myself to the side of the road and proceeded to unhook the front brakes. i then rode from the accident site to the bicycle shop in Chin Swee Rd, on a bike with a twisted suspension fork, twisted steering, no front brakes and almost worn out rear brakes. how i got there was a miracle. the repair cost was expensive. the fork and brakes alone caused me $145. deciding that it was time to get a pair of cycling gloves and a head light for the bike, my total bill cost me a whopping $225. enough to get a new bike. ouch!

Yucky time tablewhen i reached home, i found my P4 to be very sluggish. must be due to the bios update i put in last night. i got to attempt to fix it. arggg, the day is getting from bad to worse. thankfully i still got my old P3 533 to slug it out with my remaining subject registration. when i went online, i noticed that for M443, there were still 4 vacancies left at 4.45pm. i was elated as it gave me a chance to get into it. but just before i got into the system at 5pm, the number dropped to 1. i still forged on hoping to get it. but alas it was not to be. to make things worse, i even lost a favorable timeslot for my M463 tutorial and got saddled with a friday slot, making my timetable exceedingly eeky.

well, the only good thing that happened today was that, after i have lost 18kg since Jan, i passed 5 schoolmates today and none of them could recognise me. only one gal, Rui Wei, did after she noticed my army camouflage Gore-Tex jacket. and it was only because i was sitting right in front of her. hee hee. she claimed my face shape has changed and i look slimmer. slimmer? i'm going for skinny. hahahaha. also, my other schoolmate, Yee Noi, approached me and asked me if i was intrested in doing M464 with her. i agreed since i had no one taking the same time slot with and also because i would like to have some company. thanks gals. on this dark day, you two made my day and shown me that there is a silver lining.

sorry Malcolm, i did not stay on in school as i was really sleepy. we can always catch up after IA, although you have to start going back to camp once IA ends. tough luck man, but hey. you get paid, i don't. hahahaha. maybe if i can clear my IPPT i go sign on after i complete my B. Eng (Mech).

yo babe, you know i've lost weight, how could you mix me up with someone else. hahaha. did this other guy really lok like me in the pics i showed you or more like my younger fatter self? hahaha. I was on the road when you called. danger it is, to answer a call when cycling on the road. but i was glad to receive your call nonetheless. shows that i might be able to waltz through the first few weeks of school with no one recognising me. hee hee.

i got to get back to fixing my P4 now. argg, i always get teething problems when i build my own PC but it is a good learning experience. i'm no whizkid but i get by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home