Monday, July 25, 2005

first day of my final year - a recollection of the past 2 years

today is the first day of my final year at NTU. wow, time really flies. it seems only yesterday i was having an interview with the vice-dean (acad) regarding my entry into NTU. now, final year. this past 2 years have not been without some ups and downs. made a few friends here and there. fell for a gal or two here and there. openly wooed 2 gals at different times. rejected countless times with no success. hahaha. well...

It's ME!

I came into NTU looking like the above pic. yup, this is the pic on my matric card. i came into NTU without any friends. they were either my seniors or were in NUS. i knew of nobody in the same course as myself. on the first day of school, i met Indra. a very jovial guy, loyal to the core. we matched our timetables and were surprised to find that we had similar timetables and decided to hang together. till today we still do although we have since have had separate group of friends. he hangs with his new group of friends while i prefer to move on alone. well...there is a reason why i'm alone now.

At a BBQ
Indra is the guy next to me in the pic


In the middle of my 2nd year, i came to work with the greatest bunch of people i have ever knew. all 10 of us were linked to together mysteriously through a common module, M249 Communication Skills 2. though different tutorial groups, we first knew each other in our various comms skills classes and then through other module tutorials. those 5 weeks was pure joy. we utilized the tutorial rooms fully back then. watching movies, playing gunbound, listening to launchcast. to think that at the end of those 5 weeks, we actually won the first prize in our category. even today, 1.5 years after those glorious 5 weeks, i have never found the joy ever since. those were my best 5 weeks in NTU.

Me with our trophy
All smiles while cradling our trophy.

to help me ease my psychological problems, i even went on a diving trip to Tioman. underwater, i felt so liberated. i am what you could claim tobe a water baby. i simply love the water. when down there, my troubles just floated away, even if only for a while. the scenes were breathtaking.

Nemo
Nemo in it's natural environment. This was taken on the trip and not pulled from some diving website.


At 12meters underwater
This shot was taken by a fellow boatmate for me when we were at 12 meters underwater.


My Dive Group
My Dive Group.


The past half year has been what i would call the dullest moment of my NTU career. my IA was a washout and truth be told, i did not really enjoy my time there. except for a few nice colleagues, the time there was really only bearable. during then, i had taken up my Lifeguard course. also i had not one but two near-death accidents. thank goodness i survived all that. the bill though is killing me, what with the insurance still dragging their feet.

these 2 years have really come and went at a blink of an eye. if you ask me what i cherished and missed most during these 2 years, it would have been my time with my EID group. those 5 weeks i'll never forget for as long as i live. malcolm would say that it is time i let go but even he agrees with me that those were the best times we had have at NTU.

final year, a new challenge. more modules, with graduation an aim to meet by the end of this academic year. had 5 lectures today. all were going through the introductory lectures except for M462, which the was the only lecture to go into the syallabus proper. my PEs lectures seemed ok. although i must add that for my M442 - Human Factors In Design module seems to be a killer PE. but then again, it is very much into ergonometry and the way humans interact with the machines, very challenging, i like. in te meanwhile, i have decided to continue cycling to school. it takes about the same amount of time to travel to school by public transport with the added incentive of exercise. after being so fat since the age of 10, it is time i started doing something about my weight. mainly, it is to get my self back into shape and have a healthier body. partially, as all guys would say, it is also because of a gal. hee hee. i guess my accident was really a blessing in disguise, helping me shed the initial 10kgs. have lost 23kgs since the beginning of the year and hope to reach my ideal weight soon. any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home