Friday, February 04, 2011

Rabbit Year......Time To Bounce

Once upon a time I had 3 rabbits. They were named Orange, Black & White and Ah-Grey respectively. Yes, I was that unimaginative. Black & White and Ah-Grey were local normal breeds, well I did not know what their exact breed is but they were good pets. Orange was the troublesome one. Orange was a French Angora. He always bullied the other 2 and threw tantrums frequently. If he did not get fed or if his cage became too dirty, he will spring into the air, make a full turn while spraying his urine. Of the 3, he too was the only one to bite me. Yes, all 3 rabbits were boys and they engaged in boy-o-boy action everytime they were let out of their cages.

When I later brought Whitey back, she became the only rose among the thorns. Not sure who she did it with but later on when she got pregnant and subsequently gave birth to a litter of grey coloured and white coloured rabbits, it was evident who the dad was. Funny thing though, the kids all prefered to spend time with Uncle Orange instead of with daddy Grey. As the little ones were small enough, the moment they could move on their own, they squeezed through the bars and went over to Uncle Orange. Haha.

Years later, after all the other rabbits have left me, only Orange stayed with me. Maybe since it was just the both of us, he started to tone down. It could also be because of old age. Orange has since left me that fateful day when he slumped next to me after searching for me in my tiny flat. I hope he is happy now, bouncing around in the Great Plains. I do hope that he has found his lady bunny too for I do not think he is the boy-lover kind. Bunny year brings back memories of him. Oh Orange. I miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home