Friday, November 27, 2009

A Short Retreat

Was away these past couple of days and only just returned home yesterday. No, I did not go on a trip again. I just merely went to spend some time with some people I have missed alot. A friend of mine had booked a chalet and invited me to join in. Over 4 days, I went to and fro the chalet from work.

It was really great seeing the kids again. Over 3 days, I hardly had any sleep and stayed up late to chat with them or just to play some games with them. Even though I was very tired from work but when I see the kids, I somehow have that energy to chat with them and cook some stuff for them to eat. I am not sure if the kids were happy to see me but I enjoyed the time I had with them. We often gathered in the kitchen or the room and had long chats. We talked about mythology, religion, school, relationships, cooking, history. Even I was surprised that the kids actually listened to this old fool babble on and on for up to 2 hours in the kitchen. Haha.

Only on the second night then did I actually had some alone time with my friend and we had a nice long chat at the BBQ pit. It was great just being there. I suspect the kids thought that we are together for they were always whispering whenever we were walking together or talking to each other and when we looked at them, they would stop and laugh. Kids will be kids. In a funny sort of way, I felt like the Dad coming back each day after work, while Mum stayed and looked after the kids at the chalet. Haha. However, I know that me and my friend will always remain as such, just friends. She has so much more to do with her life and I am most definitely not her cup of tea. Also, I am too lazy a person and she has a habit which I abhore and will never "learn to like" or accept.

I would say that these kids will always hold a special place in my memories. From the time when they were yonger to what they are now, not much has changed physically but I can see that they are starting to mature. This is why I love to work with people like them. This is why I miss having an opportunity to be a part of their lives. Although I slept for a very very long time last night after work, the happy times during the week was worth the tiredness factor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home