Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cycling In Pulau Ubin

Went cycling with some of my boys from my CCA today in Pulau Ubin. I wanted to stay away from today's event because officially I am not supposed to be in Singapore and thus should not be involved in this event. However, since my trip is being postponed till my partner can sort things out at the workplace, it is still in limbo. Sigh.

Anyway, today's trip was more for me to recce the island for the potential campsites for a camp next year and i really wanted to find campsites which were out of the place so that all forms of convenience is removed. Unfortunately, the rubber plantation site does not allow for camping there anymore. Went hunting for the campsite inside the plantation beside NPCC campsite but that plot of land has since been taken over by NPCC's expansion. Arggg! In the end, after talking with a couple of islanders, I will most likely settle for the campsite in the south and the other in the north.

Below are the 3 brave ones who went through the forest, braving gravel traps, wet paths, speedy downhill bumps in search of the potential sites, while their peers all went for clean open air cycling in other parts of Pulau Ubin.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home