Saturday, September 23, 2006

Suitability

Having worked in an environment where it ain't nine-to-five, I am apprehensive in going back to such a system. Naturally there are the pros and cons. In the normal 9-to-5 system, the pay is not fantastic but at least it is stable, suitable for people like me who have to pay up to $500 in study loan repayments every month for the next 10 years. In the non-normal system, with alot of peserverance, plenty of support, a healthy bank account and that little bit of luck, I would not even need to worry about my study loan repayments after 1 year. Not so suitable for someone like me whose bank account is down to the final S$17.31 with debts owed to family members. I do not even have enough in my account to withdraw money via the ATM!!! On hindsight, I might have not went for my New Zealand trip so as to reduce my debts but then again, it was a trip I wanted very much to go. If I go into the normal system, I have to consider if I really want to enter teaching. Yes, I want to teach but the academic calender is holding me back. If I enter it, I can not just pack my bags on a July afternoon and go away for a 2 weeks holiday. If I go back into Engineering or any other job, I can take leave at periods when I like but the job security is just not there. I am just not cut out for the cut-throat environment of office-politics. Recalling about this topic reminds me of a lunch I had earlier this month when someone told me about her experience out in the normal system. She shared with me the difficulties she faced and tried very hard to dissuade me from walking through the path that she went through prior. If only......


你的望遠鏡望不到我北半球的孤單
太平洋的潮水跟著地球來回旋轉
我會耐心地等 隨時歡迎你靠岸

Day 092

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home