Friday, August 06, 2010

Xiao-Qiang Comes To Visit

To the uninformed, "Xiao-Qiang" or "小强" is the colloquial term we used to call the cockroach. Specifically, the American kind, Periplaneta americana. Why we call it that? It can be attributed to either a Stephen Chow movie or to a TVB drama series.

Anyway, just moments ago, while racking my head about what to put down for today's entry, seeing as how I have not done much recently except resting at home reading my books, 小强 came out from don't know where and just sat there unmoving for a whole 3 minutes looking at me. How did I know it was looking at me? When I swiveled my chair, it's head turned accordingly. Interesting as its observation was, I picked up the newspaper that I had just finished and slamed it straight down on to it. I lifted the paper, it was dazed but no juices were oozing. I got my tissue paper, picked it up and dropped it into the rubbish chute. Bloody american cockraches, bloody pests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home