Saturday, January 02, 2010

Tired But Happy

Just came back from a day out cycling around. It felt good but now I feel really drained. Haha. Went around to purchase tickets to a couple of shows. I had asked some of my friends if they were interested but they were either put off by the cost or by me. No problem there. At least I got my tickets to a couple of good theatre plays.

I got a ticket to "Man and Women, War and Peace" a Mandarin/Cantonese play that is running during the Huayi festival in February. Based on the posters and pamphlets, it gives me a feeling that it will be along the lines of "Defending the Caveman" but grittier. It looks good and I can't wait. I don't attend plays unless I can see the expressions on the actors and actresses faces. I did not mind playing for the better seats of $111.

Another play which I got a ticket to is SRT's production of "Blackbird". I have been a fan of SRT's productions since I went to their "A Midsummer's Night Dream" production at Fort Canning Park back in 2007. Although I had company back then, and I must admit her presence made it a better experience, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I felt that it was worth the money to pay good money for good plays. My favourite production from SRT thus far is "Pillowman", with "Avenue Q" a close second. I have been waiting for another good production from SRT since last year's "Defending the Caveman" and the storyline for "Blackbird" seems really interesting. $53 seems good value for the show.

To round things up for the day, I dropped by Golden Village Vivocity to check out the status on my HSBC Prepaid Movie card to see how many tickets I have left and the expiry. With 3 ticktes left, expiry in March and the day's shows filling up fast, I decided to get some tickets for show in the next few days. Got a ticket each for tomorrow's screening of "Sherlock Holmes" at 1:30pm and "Bodyguards and Assasins" at 3:50pm. With the "Avatar" craze, I thought, why not, and got a ticket for the 3D version on Monday at 2:30pm. I still have 1 ticket left on my prepaid card as I could not use it for the "Avatar" 3D show and am thinking of using it on a later date. Somehow seeing "me" and "my brothers" did not really interest me without the presence of company. Haha.

The only bad thing for today? Along the way, I discovered that my bicycle lock is damaged. Ah well. Need to get a new lock tomorrow when I am at Giant then. I need a new helmet too. Hmmm......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home