Thursday, December 31, 2009

Final Bad News?

As the year draws to a close, a piece of bad news arrived at my home. CAAS has rejected me for the position of Air Traffic Controller. Ah well. I do hope it is the final piece of bad news after a year of what started out brightly and has lurched, heaved, hobbled, shown a short glimmer of hope but finally crashing towards disaster towards the end.

From the joy of running my own classes and the joy of being with my kids at the beginning of the year
- To the breakdown of relationships
- To the suffering at the hands of politicking in the staff room
- To being forced to resign from teaching to allow for a later comeback
- Followed by the short break in Hong Kong
- To the agony of unemployment for months
- To the gaining of weight due to inactivity
- To the employment back in the semiconductor industry
- Followed by the short reunion with some of my kids
- To the return for a stint during my In-Camp Training
- To the rejection by MOE for the second time this year
- And the final nail in the coffin for this year is the rejection by CAAS

I do hope all this down time will swing up soon. Goodbye to a year where it has not been all too fantastic. The bright spots of the year are my kids, whom I really miss, the classroom, and my friend who has silently taken all my griping and negativity, while still remaining sane and being there for me. Tomorrow is just another day but I hope that it, too, will mean a new beginning for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home