Thursday, October 09, 2008

Big Weird Insect!

Had woke up very early this morning and when I returned to my room after washing my face, there was a giant insect (shaped like a huge wasp) hovering around my room's light! No wonder Tinkle was meowing away loudly, he was telling me that there is a large flying insect in my room. He attempted to apprehend the insect but it was too high and he could not find a location that would allow him to pounce on it.

As my PC monitor was on, each time I switched off the room's light, the giant insect would fly towards the monitor. When it came down, Tinkle tried to pounce on it but he just could not get a grip on the irritating little bugger. After a while, it finally settled itself on a jigsaw frame I had hanging at mid-height. Tinkle was looking at it intently from my table and kept meowing at me and at it. He wanted to pounce but he did not know if he will be punished or not. Hahahaha!

That giant insect was some character too. While sitting on my jigsaw frame, it was grooming itself! Serious! I could see it bringing its front legs to its head and it kept pulling its feelers down, as if to stroke it. I have never seen such interesting behaviour before! However, with awe came disgust as well. I flung a newspaper at it and it got knocked on to my table, covered by the newspaper. I immediately slammed on the newspaper, not wanting to risk being stung or bitten by this giant insect, killing it! Tinkle was scared by the heavy slapping on the table and he quickly ran out of my room. I do not know to call him a very good observer or a scare-dy cat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home