Saturday, September 02, 2006

Choices

I woke up this morning with a very strong urge to teach. Whatsmore, there was even a bigger urge to teach at my alma mater, Saint Joseph's Institution. Lo and Behold! When I was flipping through the Recruitment pages today, there was an advert inviting trained teachers to join the SJI community. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Is this a sign?

Today I had a long talk with my manager. She was nonchalant when I told her my initial dilemma. I told her my fear and about why I was making my decision. However, I could tell she was disappointed. To me, my decision could cost me a friendship. We talked about how these few months have been and did some recap of events. In the end, I decided to postpone my decision.

On my own
Pretending (s)he's beside me
All alone
I walk with (her) till morning
Without (her)
I feel (her) arms around me
And when I lose my way I close my eyes
And (I) have found (her)

In the rain
The pavement shines like silver
All the lights
Are misty in the river
In the darkness
The trees are full of starlight
And all I see is (she) and me
Forever and forever

And I know it's only in my mind
That I'm talking to myself and not to (her)
And although I know that (s)he is blind
Still I say there's a way for us

I love (her)
But when the night is over
(S)He is gone
The river's just a river
Without (her)
The world around me changes
The trees are bare and everywhere
The streets are full of strangers

I love (her)
But everyday I'm learning
All my life I've only been pretending
Without me (her) world will go on turning
A world that's full of happiness that I
Have never known

I love (her), I love (her), I love (her)
But only on my own


Day 071

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home