Friday, August 08, 2008

My FIRST National Day Not Sitting In Front!

Hahaha! After 27 Years, I am finally not one of those sitting in front during the National Day celebrations. The uniform groups did me proud with their marching for the parade. I only had two sessions with them, encouraging them to their best, seeing improvements each time they were drilled through the sequence. When I saw them marching on to the parade this morning, I felt pride. I was really proud of them for they delivered what they promised me. The principal was really impressed with the parade too. She commented that the parade was "very good, well done". From what I understand from my colleagues, she had been hoping to see some form of standard for the parade and I am glad that with the little time we had, the girls and boys put up a great performance and gave a good representation of themselves. JOB WELL DONE MY STUDENTS!

Part two of the celebration in the hall was really fun too, especially during the sing-a-long. I never had this much fun in the past as a student, with school celebrations being pretty subdued. I guess the students in this school really know how to have a good time.

In the past National Day celebrations, I was a student, a participant in school parades, a spectator at the National Day Parade and of course, the highlight of them all, when I was a member of the RSAF Guard-of-Honor contingent for the NDP. Today marked the first time I am celebrating National Day as a teacher. WOW! Thank you everyone for the memories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home