Friday, February 15, 2008

Workplace changes

All that rumour mongering has finally been placed to rest. My company has been bought over by another company. Alas, roughly half the staff at my present company were former staff of my soon to be new company owner. Mostly left due to the cycnical and overly retarded poltical battles in office. Sadly, having thought that they had escaped from hell, only to be told today that they are going back into it again. Most of them are definitely not happy about it but there is not much one can do about it. Me? Well, this buyout does affect me in the sense that, WHY ON EARTH IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT IS LOSING MONEY IN OUR INDUSTRY BUYING OUR PLANT? Damn, my bonus is going to go down the drain.

Anyway, today, I finally have decided on my way of working within the company. Sadly, the process team does not like to talk with the equipment team creating much unwanted friction between both sides. Maybe it is just me but I have done my best to be friendly. Since this is the case, I guess I shall not waste my time with trying to make things work smoothly. I am me and I am not my upperstudy. If they are not happy, they should have found ways and means to keep my upperstudy. I am always ready to move on, afterall, I do not like to stay at where I am not welcomed.

I like working with people. I really feel that I am wasting my time in the engineering line. True it is paying me that little bit more but it is not giving me any job satisfaction. I work better when given a free hand, like the initial phase in my previous company, and not when I keep getting put down or chased after like in my latter days in my previous company and current one. Sigh. Stupid office politics. I guess, as the saying at NTU goes, "When all else fails, cross the bridge."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home